10 Questions about The Pita Pit with owner Christy Whitkop
1. Tell us about The Pita Pit.
We are a quick serve restaurant, focused on healthy, fresh foods. We are open late (until 3am) on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We serve breakfast from the moment we open until the moment we close every day. We also deliver and offer catering.
2. What makes The Pita Pit special?
We are one of the healthiest options available late night in Jacksonville Beach. There aren't many places that can be compared in terms of the product offered.
3. What sort of food do you serve?
Mediterranean style pita wraps along with traditional sandwich meats. We are also vegetarian and vegan friendly.
4. Where do you get your recipes?
From our corporate offices in Coeur d'Alene, ID. And from our locals. We have a pita that changes every two months.
5. What are your top 3 recommendations for someone new to The Pita Pit?
1. Chicken souvlaki (Mediterranean seasoned chicken)
3. Dagwood (turkey, ham and prime rib)
6. What can you recommend to someone looking for something a little different?
One of our local creations. We have each listed in a "local creation" book at the register (and here).
7. What's your most popular dish?
Chicken souvlaki, by far!
8. What's your favorite dish?
Magical falafel. Spinach, tomatoes, jalapeños, mushrooms, green peppers, onions, banana peppers and sun dried tomato pesto on the grill with cucumber and sprouts for crunch.
9. Anything else you'd like to add?
We will deliver wherever you are at the Beaches - at the bars, on the beach, just let us know!