10 Questions about The Hot Dog Spot
1. Tell us about The Hot Dog Spot.
We are a small family owned restaurant that serves a variety of different foods. A common misconception is that we only serve hot dogs, which is not the case.
2. What makes The Hot Dog Spot special?
Were not just an ordinary hot dog shop! We have a wide selection of foods so that if you don't feel like having a hot dog, there is much more to choose from.
We provide daily specials every day which are unique items that are not on the menu and range from $5-$6.
We also make our coleslaw and chipotle ketchup from scratch.
3. What sort of food do you serve?
Everything from hot dogs to sausages to sandwiches and wings.
4. Where do your recipes come from?
My recipes come from things I see on TV and making them into my own.
5. What are your top 3 recommendations for someone new to The Hot Dog Spot?
1. All beef hot dogs
2. Philly cheese steaks
3. Bacon Cheese Fries
6. What can you recommend to someone looking for something a little different?
I would recommend getting the Chicago dog which comes with mustard, neon green relish, onions, tomatoes, pickle spear, sport peppers and topped with celery salt. It is a very interesting dog.
7. What makes a hot dog a Chicago dog?
It's the all beef hot dog, the poppy seed bun and the wild ingredients.
8. What's your most popular dish?
Hot dogs, of course!
9. What's your favorite dish?
I love the buffalo chicken sandwich served with lettuce, tomato, and ranch dressing with french fries.
10. Do you sell a lot of hot dogs?
Yes we do! Typically, a few hundred hot dogs in a week.