10 Questions about Sippers Coffeehouse
1. Tell us about Sippers Coffeehouse.
We're into giving a great cup of coffee to each of our guests. We love to know them by name and how their day went. We like to say "Cup of kindness." We serve fresh drip coffee, specialty drinks, fresh baked pastries, and a few sandwich options.
2. What makes Sippers special?
We enjoy when our guests know us by name and we know their names as well as their regular orders. We want people to sit, get comfy, and sip on their drink. We have a lot of fresh home made options. We have a variety of different flavored syrups to make any flavor of latte. We have three drip coffees on tap: bold, mild, and always a unique flavor. We also offer soy, rice milk, and almond milk. Every once in a while we will also bake gluten free options.
We love the local scene so we go out of our way to help other guys out. Most of our coffee and espresso comes from Jacksonville's own Bold Bean and Coffee Roasters. We're also a drop off point for the local Veggie Bin.
We allow different groups to get together during business hours and we also allow people to rent out the shop after closing for personal meetings or benefit shows. We try our hardest to rotate local art each month on one of our walls.
3. What sort of food do you serve?
Pastries and sandwiches.
4. Where do your recipes come from?
Most of the time from our imaginations. We make our own cookies, muffins, cinnamon rolls, banana bread, cake, biscottis, scones, and chai. We bake in the morning most of the time although sometimes we'll bake throughout the day. What we make depends a lot on what we feel like making. We should always have chocolate chip muffins and lemon blueberry muffins because those are the most popular. Banana is a runner up favorite. Sometimes we get adventurous and make lavender almond muffins or lemon poppy seed; we've even made peanut butter and jelly muffins before. If you follow us on Facebook we'll tell you when we do something especially special.
5. What are your top 3 recommendations for someone new to Sippers?
1. Chai Tea Latte (it's made in-house and is so good we're addicted).
2. Flavored drip coffee. We're always changing it up. Past flavors have included Jingle Bell Java (very popular!), Apple Crumb Cake, Graham Cracker Crust, White Russian, Blueberry Cobbler, Smore's, and the list goes on….
3. Cinnamon Rolls. They are made by Miss Marcy who has been using the same recipe for years. They are ordered with a warning that it won't be your last one.
6. What can you recommend to someone looking for something a little different?
Chai Tea Latte, White Chocolate English Toffee Latte, and Toasted Marsh Mellow Frappe.
7. What's your most popular combination?
Chicken Salad sandwich and iced coffee.
8. What's your favorite item?
Iced Soy Pumpkin Spice Chai with Chicken Salad on toasted croissant with our all natural kettle chips.
9. You have a great story about your bold coffee. Can you share it with us?
Not a lot of people know this but our bold coffee is called Pure Gold. It's named after the bible school character Miss Marcy's Dad used to do while she was growing up. In memory of him we brew Pure Gold every day we're open.
10. Anything else you'd like to add?
Sippers has been a coffee shop for the last 8 years. Miss Marcy and her husband have owned it the last 3 years. Before being the owner Miss Marcy worked there and gained a passion for coffee. Without any prior business experience she took her passion for coffee to the next level and became the owner. Miss Marcy has an incredibly large number of guest's names in her head. She knows almost every person by their first name and their order. She also has a great staff - some consisting of family and others just lovers of independent coffee shops.
We believe local should support local, so you'll hear us talking about our local coffee roasters. We are more a word of mouth place and we're excited about all the new faces we keep meeting! We're excited because we know the best days are yet to come!