10 Questions about Salty River
1. Tell us about Salty River.
Salty River is located at the foot of the Dames Point bridge area, known for where the river meets the ocean at its saltiest point. We feature live music on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. We also have a sportsbar venue with 8 flat screens, an outdoor area, 5 sweepstakes machines, a martini bar with bubble wall and drink specials and food specials galore!
2. What makes Salty River special?
We are the only crab boil restaurant in the area. We have really great, fresh seafood.
3. What sort of food do you serve?
Seafood, crab boils, burgers, great garlic fries, wings..and boneless wings.
4. Where do your recipes come from?
Locally, and from the cooks.
5. What are your top 3 recommendations for someone new to Salty River?
1. Crab boil with corn potatoes, sausage & shrimp. The helpings are huge, so this is really enough for two.
2. Shrimp dinner is wonderful, because the shrimp are so fresh.
3. Spinach artichoke dip is off the chain!
6. What can you recommend to someone looking for something a little different?
To just come out and try our menu. If you can't decide, the mediterranean wrap is so yummy.
7. What's your most popular dish?
The crab boil.
8. What's your favorite dish?
The shrimp dinner and any salad. I really love the fattousch salad though…yummy.
9. Can you tell us about your live music?
We feature live blues, reggae and jazz musicians every Monday, Wednesday and Friday night with a DJ on Saturday night. Les B Fine, a great local reggae, R&B, Jazz and Calypso artist, joins us Friday nights.
10. Anything else you'd like to add?
We regularly show the UFC fights, boxing matches and of course we are home to the Steelers, Eagles, Cowboys and Jaguars! All under one roof? Yes! We all get along except when against each other!
Finally, we're locally owned and operated..just hard working folks who want to bring business and good food to the area. We hope you can drop by and join us!