10 Questions about Rosina's Bistro with owner Farhad Jabberi
1. Tell us about Rosina's.
Here at Rosina's we believe that great tasting food comes with the freshest ingredients.
Quality and service has been our aim since 2003.
If you bring your family and friends our family will serve you the finest Italian food!
We also offer catering for all occasions. Our staff is very knowledgeable and will be happy to answer all of your questions and to advise you on every detail of your gathering to make it a memorable occasion.
2. What makes Rosina's special?
We use fresh ingredients and everything is home made, including all our pastas and desserts.
3. What sort of food do you serve?
Pizza and traditional Italian food.
4. What are your top 3 recommendations for someone new to Rosina's?
1. Chicken Penne Alle Vodka
5. What can you recommend to someone looking for something a little different?
6. Where do you get your recipes?
All our recipes are family owned.
7. Do you sell more pizza or more traditional Italian food?
It's about 50/50.
8. Can you tell us about your different styles of pizza?
We serve both NY style brick oven pizza and Sicilian style pizza. Our NY style is the most popular. Sicilian pizza is similar to Chicago pizza, with a thicker crust.
9. Who does the cooking?
I do most of it. When it's really busy I get some help, but I'm overseeing the whole kitchen.
10. Where did you learn to cook?
From my mother.
11. What did you do before?
I was the food and beverage Director for some of the finest hotels in the US.
12. There's a Rosina's Pizza in Orange Park. Are you related?
No. We are friends, but the businesses are different. We just have very similar names, which is why we've emphasized the name Rosina's Bistro, even though many people are used to calling us Rosina's Pizza from way back.