10 Questions about Mitchell's Fish Market
1. Tell us about Mitchell's.
Ruth’s Chris Steak House is our sister restaurant, so we like to say that we are the Ruth’s Chris of seafood. We hold the same standards for our seafood as Ruth’s Chris does for their steaks. At Mitchell’s Fish Market our fresh seafood obsession is a commitment and passion for absolute freshness as a way of life. Fish any fresher would still be in the ocean.
2. What makes Mitchell's special?
The menu is ever changing with 80 seafood choices. We print our menu twice daily so our chefs can take advantage of whatever is freshest right now. That’s the way it has to be at this unique seafood restaurant that’s absolutely, positively obsessed with freshness. Only the freshest of the fresh is even considered for the delicious variety of chef-driven dishes and tried-and-true seafood favorites you’ll find at Mitchell’s Fish Market.
At Mitchell's Fish Markets, we are proud to be MSC “chain of custody” certified. This means we rigorously screen our suppliers and require that they are able to document all seafood. Many of our suppliers are then audited by a third party inspector to ensure that the seafood we purchase from them is actually what they declare it to be. DNA testing is also conducted throughout the year to verify certain species of fish. This is all to provide 100% transparency to our guests and to ensure that we serve only the best and freshest seafood available.
3. Where do your recipes come from?
The recipes are developed through the travels of our corporate chefs.
4. What are your top 3 recommendations for someone new to Mitchell's?
1. Pecan Crusted Mountain Trout: Served with smashed redskin potatoes, skillet green beans, and brown butter sauce.
2. Fish Market Trio: Blackened Tilapia, Cedar Plank Salmon, Shang Hai Sea Scallops, red beans and rice, and sauteed asparagus.
3. Cedar Plank Salmon: Balsamic glazed and oven roasted, grilled zucchini and peppers, sauteed asparagus, topped with sun-dried tomato pesto and goat cheese.
5. What can you recommend for someone who wants to try something a little different?
Ginger Crusted Atlantic Salmon: Served with sweet sticky rice, stir-fried vegetables, and orange-ginger butter sauce.
6. What's the most popular dish?
Shang Hai Seafood Sampler: Fresh Atlantic salmon, scallops and shrimp, steamed with ginger and scallions and served with sticky rice, sesame spinach and rice wine soy sauce.
7. What's your favorite dish?
Filet and Lobster Tail: a 6 or 8oz. filet and a 4oz. lobster tail served with a baked potato and sautéed asparagus. Get the filet or lobster tail “Oscar Style” with jumbo lump crab meat. Trust me, it's amazing! As far as desserts go, the Sharkfin Pie, (pictured below), may be the best dessert I have ever had. The combination of Oreo cookie crust, peanut butter, butter fudge ice cream and honey roasted peanuts is out of this world!
8. Your desserts look amazing. Can you tell us about them?
We take our dessert seriously! We have a full time pastry chef who prepares our unique specialties such as 7-Layer Carrot Cake, Key Lime Pie, Vanilla Bean Crème Brûlée and Sharkfin Pie (pictured right). We offer our Sharkfin Pie in our fish market to take home, or you can try our recipe yourself.
We also have a range of artisinal ice creams and sorbets that change to reflect seasonal ingredients.
9. You also have a pretty extensive gluten-free menu. Can you tell us about it?
We're finding that gluten-free is an increasingly popular choice with our customers. When they come to Mitchell's they are looking for a meal that fits their lifestyle but is also delicious. That's why we offer a full gluten-free menu - appetizers, salads, main course dishes, and of course, dessert.
10. Can you tell us about your fish market?
Our retail market offers fresh take home fish as well as some prepared items such as our soups, sauces and desserts. You can mix and match our prepared dishes with food you prepare yourself using our top quality ingredients. We even provide recipes and cooking tips from our chefs on our website to help you put together your masterpiece.
The market is open during restaurant hours.
11. Anything else you'd like to add?
Mitchell's Fish Market specializes in Private Dining for large events or meetings, for lunch or dinner. We have a private dining room, the Normandie Room, which can accomodate up to 34 people. We can also make a customized menu for any event!
Please contact the Sales Manager, Kasey Eckstein, for any inquiries: (904) 645-3474 or firstname.lastname@example.org.