10 Questions about Hot Diggity Dawgs with owner Toby Kirkiles
1. Tell us about Hot Diggity Dawgs.
We are a mobile food caterer serving up Smithfields finest hot dogs, Azar and Sons Italian and Smoked Sausages, as well as Johnsonville Bratwurst. We've served small events and we've catered to thousands. No event is too large or too small.
2. What makes Hot Diggity Dawgs special?
Simple, during the week we are in the Spectrum Parking lot on Salisbury Rd. and for your event or special occasion we come to you! We do not short change our customers with toppings and we serve the finest beef and pork products in the industry. We pride ourself on customer service and great tasting food delivered to you, our customer, in a friendly environment!
3. What made you select Azar and Sons for your sausages?
They are a small, family run business local to Jacksonville for more than 50 years. They have the best tasting sausage around, the freshest meats, and the cleanest facilities.
4. You've had the recent distinction of winning the Shiny Spoon award. For a mobile food business that operates outside that's pretty impressive. Can you tell us about the award?
The Shiny Spoon Award is from the Florida Times-Union. It's for a restaurant that receives zero safety or sanitation violations from the inspectors at the Florida Department of Business in a 12 month period. We won for having four surprise inspections with no violations. We work hard for the award and are proud of our accomplishment.
5. What are your top 3 recommendations for someone new to Hot Diggity Dawgs?
1. A Hot Diggity Dawg.
2. New Yorker (comes with red onion sauce and sauerkraut).
3. Italian sausage with marinated peppers and onions.
6. What's the most popular item?
It's all good!
7. What's your favorite item?
The Italian sausage with marinated peppers and onions.
8. Can people catch up with you when you're not at your regular location?
9. Can you tell us a little about your catering? Who is your audience?
We do it all. No event is too large or small. Birthday parties, employee appreciation days, grand openings, holiday parties, Client Feed Days, sporting events, graduations, weddings, baptisms, home comings, office parties, city events, charities, fund raisers, tournaments, auctions and gala black tie events as well. We do it all and look forward to servicing our customers with a smile and delivering the best tasting food available from a friendly staff.