10 Questions about Gumbo Ya Ya's
1. Tell us about Gumbo Ya Ya's.
Lauren and Robert Alley spent their formative years growing up in New Orleans, enjoying the special flavors, events, and people over the years. This history of their lives provides us with very outgoing people (people lovers) that is obvious while they operate the Gumbo Ya Ya's restaurant. You will always be greeted in a friendly manner when you step through the door!
2. What makes Gumbo Ya Ya's special?
Robert has owned and operated a variety of restaurants in the New Orleans area. He has put together a tasty menu for your dining pleasure, while keeping the cost down. He has done this while still delivering authentic cuisine from New Orleans.
3. What sort of food do you serve?
4. Where do your recipes come from?
YaYa means Grandmother.
5. What are your top 3 recommendations for someone new to Gumbo Ya Ya's?
1. Our Friday & Saturday Seafood boils are a special treat.
2. Our French bread is shipped from New Orleans for real Poboys.
3. Ask about our trois choix (twa-shwa) 3-choices entree.
6. What can you recommend for someone who wants to try something a little different?
Our baked oyster or shrimp YaYa is our specialty dish.
7. What's the most popular dish?
Either of our Gumbos or Poboys.
8. What's your favorite dish?
The sloppy roast beef Poboy.
9. Anything else you'd like to add?
We are the shortest drive to New Orleans! Join us for all Saints and LSU football games and enjoy FREE Jello shots whenever they score.