10 Questions about Grinders Café
1. Tell us about Grinders Café.
We've been selling great diner food ever since we opened our doors on August 4, 1986.
2. What makes Grinders special?
We're a local family-style diner.
We grind our chuck each day for our home made burgers.
We have amazing coffee. Our beans are roasted locally by Condaxis Coffee, a Jacksonville institution for over 50 years. Then we grind our beans daily to ensure peak freshness.
Our name, Grinders, comes from the fact that we grind both our burgers and our coffee ourselves.
3. What sort of food do you serve?
Classic diner food for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
4. From scratch?
Oh yeah! Our biscuits are done the old fashioned way. The cook rolls out the dough and cuts it with a ring cup. We bake our own banana nut bread and sweet potato pie. And our cobblers do not come in a box!
5. Where do your recipes come from?
From many years worth of family recipes. And from our customers.
6. What are your top 3 recommendations for someone new to Grinders Café?
1. Same Old Grind Breakfast
2. Cheddar cheese burger
3. Any of our daily lunch specials
7. What can you recommend to someone looking for something a little different?
Try our fried green tomatoes appetizer.
8. What's the most popular dish?
1. For breakfast, the Same Old Grind Breakfast
2. For lunch, our cheddar cheese burger
3. For dinner, liver & onions
9. What's your favorite dish?
Roasted garlic chicken breast with broccoli and cheese.
10. Is there anything else you'd like to add?
We have a huge menu with the best breakfast in town. We offer 26 veggies, from fresh collards to fried green tomatoes. We have lots of seafood too - fish, shrimps, scallops, clam strips and fresh oysters. We really have something for everyone.